Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning for a Campaign

3 posters

Go down

Planning for a Campaign Empty Planning for a Campaign

Post by irishserb Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:11 am

I've been going back and forth with this for quite some time, and think I've finally arrived at a start point. I've been trying to decide what subject to use for a campaign with something based on an Apache Snow/Hamburger Hill operation, a less ambitious FSB and surrounding patrol and skirmishes, and a riverine thing built around some PBRs.

I think I'm going to go with a fictional FSB camaign, as it will involve less terrain building (at least at the start) than the riverine game, and less figure painting (and terrain building) than a big battle. The basic plan is a have an FSB with a battery of 105s, an infantry company and somewhere between a squad and platoon of engineers, and a couple of maneuver companies that battalion can move around and that the FSB can support during ops.

I'm still debating whether to do a typical FSB that can be supported only by air, or have one with a road, like Rakkasan, requiring a few more engineers for road maintainance and mine clearing.

I'm also playing with ideas about how to share the camapign, maybe using a mix of conventional AARs, with diary entries or first hand accountss of various soldiers/characters sharing their view. I'm hoping to get comfortable enough to try to climb inside the North Vietnamese perspective to maybe have recurring viewpoints from characters on that side of things too. Not sure if I can confidently get myself there or not. I'd want it to be a respectful representation, not some sort of "hollywood stupidity", not sure that I can get past my own stupid. We'll see.

Still obviously in the early stages of taking shape right now, with the hope of maybe getting it to the tabletop middle of next year. At least I finally have a semblance of direction to aim in.

I'll post more as it comes together.
irishserb
irishserb
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

https://irishserb.blogspot.com/

OTB and Goose666 like this post

Back to top Go down

Planning for a Campaign Empty Re: Planning for a Campaign

Post by BravoSix Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:37 pm

This sounds super interesting. Planning for a Campaign 2978865434 Looking forward to hearing how it comes together. Did you mention scale? Maybe I missed it.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:33 am

Say, you can always use my old FNG:OPs mini-game as a framework. I basically intended it as a way to generate tabletop games, but with built-in support options and enemy forces for each. Also does fatigue, low supply and all that jazz. If you really mess up you can even get your FSB attacked.

Planning for a Campaign 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down