Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter

+3
thomastmcc
Coldm2231
BravoSix
7 posters

Go down

Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter Empty Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter

Post by BravoSix Mon May 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Came across this Kickstarter while trolling for Vietnam Hootches in 28mm:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wowbuildings/wowbuildings-does-vietnam

I'd be interested to the see the quality of the prints.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter Empty Re: Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter

Post by BravoSix Mon May 04, 2020 2:47 pm

Cancel that. Just read a post over at LAF by Gunbird who said:

Gunbird wrote:But it's made (and printed?) by WOW Buildings and from what I've seen and read in the last 5 years, not worth the money. The quality I have seen is sub par, and pointing that out makes the owner rather abusive in his resposes

Moving right along.... Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter 2340259300

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldm2231 Mon May 04, 2020 9:35 pm

I know he had issues with his resin stuff a few years back but I haven't seen his 3d printed stuff. I know absolutely nothing about 3d printing but I think with this kickstarter you just buy the files and can either print, or source the printing yourself?
Coldm2231

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 pm

Coldm2231 wrote:I know he had issues with his resin stuff a few years back but I haven't seen his 3d printed stuff. I know absolutely nothing about 3d printing but I think with this kickstarter you just buy the files and can either print, or source the printing yourself?

yes you do but the files are full of holes and most inaccurate of the vehicles etc ,buildings dont print right from what friends have told me ..
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyfatbloke Mon May 04, 2020 11:57 pm

I had problems with him years back - wrong model, parts missing (the roof in fact), parts not fitting together - and not easy to get in touch with. It was me that suggested he should do shop-houses and I sent him lots of pictures and gave him advice about his initial drafts...then he disappeared from ebay (again) for a while. I would steer clear, whch is a pity because some of the stuff would be really cool - Hue railway station, gun pits etc.
uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Tue May 05, 2020 8:01 am

There is some neat stuff in there, like the detailed shops, but also a lot of WTF. Looks like it's deigned for 6mm? I am a bit perplexed that on things like the PT76 he does so much detail but leaves the turret with such heavy faceting. A little research could have done him some good.

Vietnam Era 3D Print Kickstarter 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. X Tue May 05, 2020 2:37 pm

I had multiple run ins with the owner when he was selling his resin buildings.
Both times he never shipped the product.
The second time I asked before I ordered if the items were in stock and ready to ship. He confirmed they were so I ordered. Long story but after multiple lies and excuses he refunded me on the last possible day that PayPal would allow him to without getting an action against him.
This is too bad because his subjects are interesting but if you can't deliver, does it really exist?
Later on I followed up on getting his 3D files because I could avoid most of the dealings with him. Sadly there were complaint after complaints about files not working, etc.
Someone else will come along soon enough and cover what he is trying to do.

Dr. X

Back to top Go down

Post by blinddog Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:01 am

I have seen WOW stuff advertised in numerous 3d printing groups on facebook, but honestly have never seen some users print of any of it. My thought at looking over the various comments on the kickstarters that have been run is the person is a sculptor and not really geared for 3d printing, I follow various patreons and kickstarters for 3d printing and all of them do honestly sculpt and know about how to do it so that the sculpt can be 3d printed. I have never backed a WOW project, as only a couple fell into my areas of interest and I found other artists with stuff I liked better.
blinddog
blinddog
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down