Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War

2 posters

Go down

English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War Empty English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War

Post by indotoc Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 pm

I've come across the free version of the FRENCH language Bolt Action Rules for the Indochina War (in pdf file form , ~ 80MB). It is too big for most of the free pdf language translation services to handle (they take only < 50MB files). I'm wondering if anyone has seen this pub in English Language? ... or if not,
do they know of a free (or inexpensive) pdf language translation service that translates pdf files > 80MB????
indotoc
indotoc
indotoc

Back to top Go down

English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War Empty Re: English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War

Post by TailEndCharles Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:08 pm

Indotoc,

There is a FaceBook group for Bolt Action Vietnam: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoltActionVietnam

The latest rules are there in the files section.

They are called; VC On the Trail.

If you are not a Facebook person I have them at this link: Bolt Action Vietnam PDF

TEC

English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War Empty Re: English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War

Post by indotoc Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 am

Many thanks TEC for your reply! I have seen this version previously but I was talking about the
Rules Supplement done in French as noted at this site:

http://jardinsdepierre.blogspot.com/search/label/indochine

I believe these are different although without a translation I'm not sure how much different.

indotoc
indotoc
indotoc

Back to top Go down

Post by TailEndCharles Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:09 am

Indotoc,

I found the PDF you linked above and have split it into 4 smaller PDF's ranging from 15 MB to 34 MB, I can split them smaller if you wish.

You can grab them from the following links:

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

If you are really only interested in the text and not the graphics I could export it in other formats to see if they translate any easier.

Let me know how you go.

TEC

English Translation of French Bolt Action Rules for Indochina War 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by indotoc Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:37 am

Many thanks TEC!
I don't have the full version of Adobe so I couldn't do this... was too big of a file.
I will try to translate the separate parts now.
Send me your email should you want a copy (assuming I'm successful in translating now).
BTW, I had originally tried just a text translation but became such a time consuming project that I gave up... really was hoping to get the pdf translated "as is" .
indotoc
indotoc
indotoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum