Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnam rules, free for the people!

+4
Darby
BravoSix
thomastmcc
Grignotage
8 posters

Go down

Vietnam rules, free for the people! Empty Vietnam rules, free for the people!

Post by Grignotage Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:24 am

Hello all, new to the forum here as per the suggestion of Darby. For my small unit Vietnam games (a platoon or less per side) I've been using some house rules for about a year and a half now. They work well and make for fun, tense games with plenty of back-and-forth action and a tendency to turn on a player when they think they're doing well. They're perpetually being tweaked and modified.

Here's the link where the basic infantry rules can be found. Happy to answer any questions you have about them (or if they're unclear; they've been home rules only and thus haven't needed much explaining to other people). They're currently suitable for the main part of the US intervention, from '65 to '69.

In the Weeds: Rules for Small Unit Actions in the Vietnam War

Tell me if the link doesn't work.

I'll add to them gradually as I get the other parts of the rules done, which are currently in my head and played over but not written down coherently.
Grignotage
Grignotage
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Vietnam rules, free for the people! Empty Re: Vietnam rules, free for the people!

Post by thomastmcc Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 am

cool thanks..
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Vietnam rules, free for the people! Empty Re: Vietnam rules, free for the people!

Post by BravoSix Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 am

Hi there Gringotage. Thanks for posting those. I had a quick read thru and I have to say these are really great!

Don't forget as a newbie to say a proper "hello" in the Check Your Gear! 2021 thread here

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:59 am

Glad to see you made it here Nathaniel!
Thanks for posting these, I hope peeps get a lot of use out of them.
BTW, Nat here wrote a great set of WW2 rules called "A Sergeants War". I've only been able to play with them a little, but there are some really cool mechanics in them, like supporting machinegun fires. Check them out on Wargames Vault.

Vietnam rules, free for the people! 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grignotage Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:01 am

Thanks BravoSix!

You flatter me, Darby!
Grignotage
Grignotage
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks for posting the rules, Nathaniel. I agree; they look neat.

Tom

Vietnam rules, free for the people! 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmila Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:08 am

I enjoyed reading these . This looks straightforward and fun.
Please continue to expand these as you have plans .

I did notice one error tho' ; wrt : " gaming Vietnam with 20mm miniatures (the One True Scale),"  ... Hahahaha! Game on !
jimmila
jimmila
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldgamer Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:15 am

I have just had a look and will be trying these out once my 28mm figures are painted, thanks for sharing
Oldgamer
Oldgamer
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum