Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen....

5 posters

Go down

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... Empty S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen....

Post by uglyfatbloke Sat May 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Bravo6 is going to post some pics of the Hue game that S.P.I.T. Wargames put on at the Claymore show in Edinburgh last year....he's going to do it because I'm a computerklutz and have no idea how to do it myself. S.P.I.T. Wargames is not really a club; it's hardly even a group, but we do have a Facebook page with nearly 300 members; most of whom we have never met and we're not all that clear about exactly how this has happened, but there it is.. We have put on a lot of large games over the years - including several Arnhem games in a significant battle location in Arnhem. SPIT is pretty much a means of the two actual members - me and my wife Pat - getting all our toys out for great big games and that means getting volunteers (at pistol point if necessary) to take part. That's not actually too difficult since we supply all the kit, design the scenarios, brief the players, arrange the venue.....Apart from two huts in the MACV compound all the scenery in the pics belongs to us, the US kit belongs to Pat and the Bad Guys belong to me. The table was 32 foot long and we had (IIRC) 9 players and 2 umpires. We used our field stripped version of Bolt Action which we sometimes refer to as ALBLIBA -- 'A Little Bit Like Bolt Action' . We've moved on now to our own fast play company level game 'Fire for Effect' which is still a WIP, but the lockdown thing here in Scotland has given us a great opportunity to make a lot of progress. AFAIK the chopper stands are my idea- I've never seem anyone else do it that way - and I'm pretty pleased with it. Most of the figures were bought second and and Pat has painted all the rest. The Shop-houses are from www.Dragonfroggames and utterly ingenious; you can make scores of variations from just 3 different kits (MDF) and they are cheap as well!
S.P.I.T. stands for 'Stupid Projects In Twentyeightmil'....which is pretty much what we do.
uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... Empty Re: S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen....

Post by BravoSix Sat May 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Hear ya go. Smile

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... EHX6lAU

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... MSirNuN

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... B8SbUOC

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... LAnrl8u

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... TJX3sSd

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... QGdPLha

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... Qd4Luf9

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... HtpIADf

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... ZBX6TeW

Last edited by BravoSix on Sat May 02, 2020 2:51 pm; edited 11 times in total
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... Empty Re: S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen....

Post by BravoSix Sat May 02, 2020 2:28 pm

I think I might have to re-size some of these. Some are pretty big and not showing up properly. Leave it with me.
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyfatbloke Sat May 02, 2020 2:35 pm

I had assumed it was me being a computerklutz - that's generally a pretty safe assumption.

uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sat May 02, 2020 2:52 pm

There. All fixed. S.P.I.T. Wargames -Oh Hue Have You Seen.... 685395913

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyfatbloke Sat May 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanks Bravo6. It was quite a day. The very slim young, handsome guy in the NVA hat was one f the umpires - Don Stewart of the Alba Studio figure painting company who are our most generous supporter for S.P.I.T. projects....which is why I described him as slim,young and handsome.
uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sat May 02, 2020 3:02 pm

uglyfatbloke wrote:Don Stewart of the Alba Studio figure painting company who are our most generous supporter for S.P.I.T. projects....which is why I described him as slim,young and handsome.

Laughing

Seriously good looking stuff on that table. Wow.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyfatbloke Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 pm

That's very kind. Not sure there's anything in the pics (apart from the barracks in the MACV Compound) that Don did, but he did kit-bash Warlord games plastics into a Vietnam platoon for Pat's US; I'll see if I can find some pics of them....masses of character
uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 am

yeah great stuff chris ,and the ones 3d printed lol
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alnewhaven Sun May 03, 2020 2:29 am

Sorry I missed that last year . Her friends up for the festival put a downer on it:-(
Alnewhaven
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sun May 03, 2020 6:45 am

Chris, I forgot to ask..... is the scale 28mm?

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Sun May 03, 2020 7:11 am

yeah its 28mm todd
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sun May 03, 2020 7:14 am

I could see the West Wind civilians on the side of the road. That's what made me think it was 28mm. That's a small fortune in Corgi trucks you have there.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyfatbloke Sun May 03, 2020 7:35 am

Thomas made the 3-wheelers, there's a couple of toy cars and, as you say,  a lot of Corgi....14  helicopters, 12 M113/107s, 6 M48s and 6 trucks. SWMBO has enough infantry to have a ACAV or Airmobile or Leg infantry  company plus a fair bit to spare and a platoon of Australians too. Really the vehicles are all too big, but they kind of look the part. I've got an 'ordinary' NVA company plus a platoon that we rate as sappers plus 3 Solido PT76s that are really far too big and 3 Corgi T34s. T54/55s  would be better of course, but I can't find any that are size-compatible with the Corgi stuff and in any case it's not too significant in game terms. ....like not having any Sheridans; we can proxy as required.
uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Mon May 04, 2020 6:34 am

When I saw that first photo of all the vehicles lined up on the road, I was thinking "they're just asking for RPG strikes". Sure enough, several photos down... Laughing

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyfatbloke Mon May 04, 2020 6:40 am

It was the NVA mortar platoon that got them.
uglyfatbloke
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Mon May 04, 2020 6:45 am

Surprised

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down