Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

+5
Tomrommel1
General Castries
OTB
Coldm2231
BravoSix
9 posters

Go down

Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Empty Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

Post by BravoSix Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:29 pm

Does anyone own the book Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames? Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames 3667010091 It sounds familiar and I want to say it's published by a guy on the Lead Adventure Forum.

Found info about it at Amazon.ca here

Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames MU7alMA

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Empty Re: Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

Post by Coldm2231 Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:04 pm

I don't own it but it seemed to get some pretty good feedback across on LAF. It is certainly on my 'want' list.
Coldm2231

Back to top Go down

Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Empty Re: Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

Post by OTB Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:11 pm

I posted about it a few months back. It looks good but the postage costs are too high for me to make a single purchase so I will probably get it with some other books from one of the military bookstores like On Miitary Matters.

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:39 pm

Oh! Will there be one of your excellent reviews once you read through it?? Wink

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:20 pm

Probably, unless someone else beats me to it.

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by General Castries Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:39 am

I own it, and a couple of photos in it are mine. It's well worth the price in my opinion. It's got some nice painting guides and terrain "how-tos". Well worth the price. I think it's also available in PDF, if postage is an issue.

Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames 7zgz5aA
General Castries
General Castries
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomrommel1 Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:45 am

I have a copy ,too and a few of my pictures are in there ,too. It is a book about any aspect of Vietnam wargaming, recomended
Tomrommel1

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:31 am

i have the PDF and Paperback is on its way ..
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:55 am

Thanks guys. I'll have to add it to my library! Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames 685395913

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corisco Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:39 am

Got to endorse this one, even though I don't have a copy simply because the author gave very generously me a credit.  Well, strictly speaking,  he gave it to the long dead host of a Brazilian variety program but the input, such as it was, was mine.  ;-)

Really nice bloke is Mick and well worth supporting.
Corisco
Corisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Max Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:05 pm

i pre-ordered this book and got my copy a few months ago
i suppose i was lucky as the cheapest option for having it sent to France could take up to 1 year...
anyway... there are very nice pics, lots of good tips on painting all sorts of troops (well, not all but many kind of troops) and modeling
Mad Max
Mad Max
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:15 pm

Mad Max wrote:i suppose i was lucky as the cheapest option for having it sent to France could take up to 1 year...

One year??!! That's a bit ridiculous! Book: Modelling and Painting Vietnam Wargames 3140369051

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:17 pm

yeah book was meant to be out uk jan but i contacted publisher in usa they sending copy direct as i had pre ordered it with pdf
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Steders Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:04 am

I picked this up earlier in the week from Caliver books. Its a really interesting book. I haven't seen anything that I probably couldn't find on the internet but its really nice to be able to flick through whilst sat at painting desk.
Steders
Steders
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 am

That's what I like about books.... that tangible quality of being able to flip thru.

Welcome back by the way, Steders.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum