Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grubbytanks.com good to buy from?

+2
BravoSix
Evan
6 posters

Go down

Grubbytanks.com good to buy from? Empty Grubbytanks.com good to buy from?

Post by Evan Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:53 am

Hello everyone!

I am looking at a few things on grubbytanks.com (Brittania miniatures) and I am wondering if Grubby is an honest merchant. I just don't want to get burned and I have never ordered from that website before.
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Grubbytanks.com good to buy from? Empty Re: Grubbytanks.com good to buy from?

Post by BravoSix Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:07 am

Evan, I've just recently placed 2 orders for some Afghan stuff from Andy and they arrived in a timely manner with no fuss. Andy is as great a merchant as they come.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:05 pm

BravoSix wrote:Evan, I've just recently placed 2 orders for some Afghan stuff from Andy and they arrived in a timely manner with no fuss. Andy is as great a merchant as they come.

Awesome! I am glad to hear it. Looks like I will put an order in soon.
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. X Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:16 pm

Evan wrote:I am looking at a few things on grubbytanks.com (Brittania miniatures) and I am wondering if Grubby is an honest merchant. I just don't want to get burned and I have never ordered from that website before.

I have had multiple bad experiences with Andy at Grubby.

I am US based and regularly order from many UK suppliers over the course of each year for longer than I can recall.

The only successful method I found in dealing with him was ordering before a show he was going to attend and having him bring the order there for hand delivery to a friend in the UK at the show. My friend in turn mailed it to me in the US.

The last time I ordered direct it was a nightmare. Poor communication with lots of emails ignored. Had that same friend in the UK try to sort it out for me but he couldn't even get return phone calls.

That order finally shipped the last day before my PayPal dispute case against him would have auto-refunded. A few weeks later I got the order and it was missing multiple items which I was billed for but didn't receive. Filed another PayPal dispute that was never responded to and had to wait for the full dispute period to expire because he would not respond. So it was quite some time before I got my money back.

I'm on a few forums where others report a lot of the same issues listed here. Some report good service, many report poor service. I tracked the locations of both groups and it appears that those in the UK have far less issues. The common theory is because he is more likely to see those customers at shows and doesn't want the face to face public confrontation from not getting their orders out or corrected.

There are a lot of other vendors who will quickly respond to your questions and get your order out ASAP and accurately.

Caveat emptor.
Dr. X

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:15 pm

Oh wow. That IS shocking to hear based on my own experiences over the years. But I guess in this cottage industry is really is hit and miss.

Thanks for weighing in DrX.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:47 am

hi andy was working full time at a job as well hes now giving full attention to grubby tanks as far as i know ,and have his mobile number hes a good friend ..

any time i have ordered its been first rate ..

thomas
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by irishserb Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:33 pm

For whatever it is worth, I'm in the US, and had outstanding service from him in the past, though haven't ordered anything in a few years.
irishserb
irishserb
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

https://irishserb.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose666 Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am

I regularly see Grubby here in the UK at Wargames Shows, friends and club mates and my self have ordered and purchased stuff from him.
As honest as they come and if you get any issues, just drop him a line. Also if you are after something in particular and you do not see it listed.. he has SOOOOO many moulds that haven'[t been spun up and stuff not listed, its always worth an enquiry.
Goose666
Goose666
FNG
FNG

OTB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down