Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rice Paddy Water Colour?

3 posters

Go down

Rice Paddy Water Colour? Empty Rice Paddy Water Colour?

Post by BravoSix Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:04 pm

I've been looking over the 3D printed plywood rice paddy sets designed by our own Mishima, and gratefully sent to me from TailEndCharles from a seller in his neck of the woods. I have a plan on how I'm going to approach the piece as a whole, but one thing that I'm not decided on yet is how to approach painting the water. I've seen modellers do it in a green murky sort of color, but also (like alcal has done) in that brown muddy color. Can anyone recommend some good looking terrain done from fellow gamers as inspiration? My Google fu appears weak.

I have decided I'll use grass tufts for the actual vegetation and maybe either of these two mediums from DecoArt for the gloss on the water. I know alcal used clear gloss varnish on his paddies but I've had far too many bad experiences using varnish like the stuff from home supply places. tongue Hopefully the craft stuff behaves better.

Rice Paddy Water Colour? MlMax6z

Rice Paddy Water Colour? IWJYY34

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rice Paddy Water Colour? Empty Re: Rice Paddy Water Colour?

Post by thomastmcc Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:16 am

hi mate a friend ivan nylander in denmark did some paddys in different shapes will ask him and message you photos etc
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by irishserb Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:39 am

I usually use acrylic clear gloss medium from Liquitex for water surfaces. Two coats gives a nice clean shiny finish. I've been using it for decades over all sorts of artist's and hobby paints, and never had unexpected result. I'm sure that the same product ffrom other brands, such as Golden, Grumbacher, or Windsor and Newton will work equally well.
irishserb
irishserb
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

https://irishserb.blogspot.com/

thomastmcc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:58 am

@Thomas: Thanks mate!! Rice Paddy Water Colour? 685395913

@Brian: I was wondering about the Liquitex stuff. Maybe I'll give that a whirl first. I did see it at Michaels where I came across the other two DecoArt options I took pics of.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down