Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnam Vanguard The 5th Battalion's Approach to Counter-Insurgency, 1966

2 posters

Go down

Vietnam Vanguard The 5th Battalion's Approach to Counter-Insurgency, 1966 Empty Vietnam Vanguard The 5th Battalion's Approach to Counter-Insurgency, 1966

Post by jimmila Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:09 pm

this title was published earlier this year , but I have just found it here as a downloadable pdf .

https://press.anu.edu.au/publications/vietnam-vanguard?fbclid=IwAR3IbCGFJz3NIp7lvWpqrMSgZGCd2mOVTyIAN3cy9LtDk8iuvWaymE6OPw0

there is another title ; 'Crossfire' by Peter Haran ; which is a history of the recon platoon of 5RAR at the time when the 1ATF was just getting set up in Phuoc tuy province . ... they sorta wrote the book (or started writing it ) for Aussie infantry Battalion recon platoon missions in Vietnam .

enjoy !

jimmila
jimmila
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Vanguard The 5th Battalion's Approach to Counter-Insurgency, 1966 Empty Re: Vietnam Vanguard The 5th Battalion's Approach to Counter-Insurgency, 1966

Post by TailEndCharles Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:23 pm

jimmila wrote:but I have just found it here as a downloadable pdf.

Good find Jimmy, downloaded and next on the reading list.   Surprised

'Crossfire' by Peter Haran

I have an e-Book version of this but never opened it, you have now piqued my interest again, thanks mate. Very Happy

TEC

Vietnam Vanguard The 5th Battalion's Approach to Counter-Insurgency, 1966 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down