Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr.

2 posters

Go down

Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr. Empty Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr.

Post by OTB Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:29 am

An interview with a Cheyenne who went to Vietnam. An interesting perspective on the war....

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr. Empty Re: Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr.

Post by Garryowen Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Thanks for that one OTB. I have to find the hour and a half to watch it. I got into the first 2-3 minutes. Like the Cheyenne and Crow I know or have been around, the speech is very sloe. But I love hearing the accent.

There is an old saying that the Cheyenne did all the fighting, the Sioux got all the glory and the Crow got all the land.

Not exactly true, but the Cheyenne were great warriors. The Sioux fought well and a lot too though. The Sioux were much more numerous than the Cheyenne. The Crow, being allies of the whites due to having been beat up so much by the Sioux and Cheyenne, did make out pretty well on the land. Their reservation is on land that the Sioux had chased them out of.

Tom

Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr. 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr. Empty Re: Vietnam Voices: Thomas Rockroads Jr.

Post by OTB Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:52 pm

It's good to hear some more background about the Cheyenne as I don't know much about them.

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum