Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

4 posters

Go down

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Empty New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

Post by OTB Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 am

I thought this would be of interest. Due for publication in September:

https://militaryminiaturepress.com/product/modeling-painting-vietnam-wargames/

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Empty Re: New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

Post by BrianW Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:48 pm

I've got this one preordered.
BrianW
BrianW
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Empty Re: New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames

Post by thomastmcc Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:15 am

yeah good book to be ..
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:37 pm

Well, I don't think I'll be getting that one after all - for people who complain about postal charges in the Northern Hemisphere, just be grateful you don't live in New Zealand:

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames Postag10

I'll have to wait till it turns up somewhere cheaper.

OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 am

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames 709157453 Even basic shipping is crazy, and for a book! Truth be told it probably doesn't have anything you haven't done, used, tried and bettered before.
The high cost of shipping is going to end up putting a serious dent in this hobby...

New book: Modeling and Painting Vietnam Wargames 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianW Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:07 pm

Whoa. 🤢

I'm lucky to be here, with someone I like
Who maketh my spirit to shine.
-- Warren Zevon
BrianW
BrianW
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:48 pm

I'll wait until the book gets distributed. I should be able to get it cheaper if I buy it with a bundle of other books from one of the on-line military bookstores like On Military Matters rather than making a one-off purchase from the publisher.

This is crazy though. I recently purchased two coffee table-sized books on French WWII tanks from Histoire & Collections in Paris and the postage to NZ was a grand total of... 10 Euros. Larger publishers tend to offer flat-rate postage on the assumption that the cost involved in sending to the French-speaking guy in NZ who orders something is going to be more than outweighed by the dozens of guys in France buying their books who they save postage costs on.

OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianW Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:04 pm

Was that 10 Euro price without tracking (that is, book rate)? I ask because I just looked at ANCRE, a French site that does books on sailing ships. Shipping to the US was 10 Euros without tracking and anywhere from 10-60 days, or 55 Euro with tracking and faster delivery. The 10 Euro price would make it significantly cheaper for me to order a new one from France than a used one from here in the US.

I'm lucky to be here, with someone I like
Who maketh my spirit to shine.
-- Warren Zevon
BrianW
BrianW
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum