Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam

+3
thomastmcc
OTB
BravoSix
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam - Page 2 Empty Re: Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam

Post by Coldm2231 Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:38 am

Thanks Todd.... I see they have added casualty figure's as the last gift before the Kickstarter closes.
Coldm2231

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam - Page 2 Empty Re: Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam

Post by BravoSix Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 am

No worries! Yes, I saw that this morning. That's a great addition for sure. cheers

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:48 pm

For those interested, the KS was successful and completely funded and all stretch goals were unlocked. The frustrating part is we "need to be patient for 3 weeks" while Kickstarter delivers the funds to 3D Breed. I'm chomping at the bit to get started on these! Neutral

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TailEndCharles Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:24 pm

BravoSix wrote:The frustrating part is we "need to be patient for 3 weeks" while Kickstarter delivers the funds to 3D Breed. I'm chomping at the bit to get started on these! Neutral

Todd,

This, unfortunately is part of the KickStarter business model, they reap the money from our credit cards, sit on it for two weeks while they make some money on it in the money markets and then still take a %% before sending what is left to the artist/creator.

You just have to build this into your expectations when backing KickStarters! Sad

TEC

Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam - Page 2 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Maybe so. I backed two KS in the past and the files were available right at the end, so this is new to me. I guess I just got lucky in the past.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TailEndCharles Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:54 pm

BravoSix wrote:Maybe so. I backed two KS in the past and the files were available right at the end,

Wow, I have never seen that, I have backed at least 4 that have finished in the last month and they all waited until they got paid before releasing product.

so this is new to me. I guess I just got lucky in the past.

Absolutely lucky and great creators to do that.

TEC

TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thomastmcc Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:59 am

TailEndCharles wrote:
BravoSix wrote:it'll be hard to beat those Lazy Forger huts!

I am not a big advocate for his buildings! Sad

of the lazy forger ones ken ?
thomastmcc
thomastmcc
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TailEndCharles Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:28 pm

thomastmcc wrote:
TailEndCharles wrote:
BravoSix wrote:it'll be hard to beat those Lazy Forger huts!

I am not a big advocate for his buildings! Sad

of the lazy forger ones ken ?

No Thomas, 3DBreedss buildings.

Sorry to confuse you mate.

TEC

TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:19 pm

Do they have buildings for their WW2 range? I only ever saw infantry for that range. I DO like their covered Japanese bunkers though and hope they do something similar for Vietnam.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Just had a lookthru their site and their WW2 buildings are pretty average. I hope they don't use their Germanic huts as a blueprint on how to do thatched roofs, or this will be an unremarkable set of terrain.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:55 pm

This was a GREAT Kickstarter and I've VERY happy with the models. Looking forward to seeing what's coming down the pipe. As Chris can attest, it's been well worth the 3 week wait. Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam - Page 2 2978865434

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldm2231 Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:36 pm

Absolutely Todd, great variety of figures and looking forward to seeing what the buildings and vehicles look like in the coming weeks.
Coldm2231

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Wed May 24, 2023 4:02 pm

All you need to do to these figures is put them (absent their weapons) into a stretching machine. Just my opinion.

Tom

Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Thu May 25, 2023 10:37 am

I should make such a machine. Then I can stretch out the Britannia figures while I'm at it. Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam - Page 2 2474585349

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Thu May 25, 2023 4:40 pm

You’re right, B6. But I think these guys need it even more. I only use my U. S. Britannia when I need figures in flak vests. I sold my NVA Britannia. I use my Britannia VC because they have some cool weapons.

It’s funny. Manufacturers make dwarf-like figures, but their vehicles are reasonably properly proportioned. In my opinion, Britannia figures are a bit too big for the vehicles.

Tom

Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Fri May 26, 2023 10:48 am

Yes, and for the helicopters. They have the most comprehensive helo crews in the biz, but they look like linebackers all shoved into the helo. Still..... they DO have character.

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnl5555 Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am

Hi Tom. Yeah, they look like that in the pics. Howeer, being a 3D Printer guy, you can modify the files when you print them. I always modify 3D Breed's figs so the X and Y axis are thinner. Mine are not chunky. When I compare them to Foundry they are almost the same heft. I gave a 3D Breed Gladiator side by side with the Foundry Tarzan fig and the only difference I can see is the waistline of the 3D Breed fig is 1-2mm lower. It isn't a noticeable difference IMHO. You can see them at Cincycon since I will have my 3D Printing Company there again, JS Wargamer Printing. I am bringing the Vietnam range as I like it so bought the rights for it and many of their other ranges. The PBR and M48 look really nice. I have others printing currently for the show. I game Nam in 1/72 scale. So, I'll likely make that an option on my store along with 28mm. Hope to see you at Cincycon!

Thanks

John Leahy

Garryowen wrote:You’re right, B6. But I think these guys need it even more. I only use  my U. S. Britannia when I need figures in flak vests. I sold my NVA Britannia. I use my Britannia VC because they have some cool weapons.

It’s funny.  Manufacturers make dwarf-like figures, but their vehicles are reasonably properly proportioned. In my opinion, Britannia figures are a bit too big for the vehicles.

Tom
Johnl5555
Lurker
Lurker

thomastmcc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:48 pm

John, I think our own Coldm has re-sized up nicely and proporionately  on his 28mm stuff. I for one, just had my local printer gals increase the size 20% and I'm quite happy with how big and chonky they look. They are proportioned similarly now to Chiltern, which is what I was after. Having the Chiltern Vietnamese huts, these are now a perfect fit. The 3D Breed village was awful.

Actually in hindsight, I'm rather disappointed all around in this KS. It took forever to get released and a lot of things look rushed, including the village. I got the impression towards the end, that 3D Breed was just looking to get it overwith and wash their hands of Vietnam. Unlike their WW2 stuff which has many new things added to it constantly, I doubt we'll see that with Nam. Which seems a shame as there's so MUCH they didn't get around to doing with this period.

Kickstarter: March to Hell Vietnam - Page 2 3667010091

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2