Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage

3 posters

Go down

Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage Empty Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage

Post by OTB Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:35 am

MiG-17s in action against F-105s, from a fairly recent Vietnamese feature film (turn sub-titles ON: NB historical inaccuracies may offend..):

Vintage footage of Vietnamese MiG-21s:

Vietnamese TV documentary on US pilots who returned to Vietnam to meet their North Vietnamese adversaries:
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage Empty Re: Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage

Post by Darby Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:59 am

Interesting stuff, good finds! I am surprised that the movie actually showed the lose of more planes than they killed. Perhaps it was more of a tribute to those specific pilots? Or was it to show how great they were willing to sacrifice to keep their bridge safe? (sort of more political)

Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage Empty Re: Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage

Post by OTB Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:12 am

Darby wrote:Interesting stuff, good finds!  I am surprised that the movie actually showed the lose of more planes than they killed.  Perhaps it was more of a tribute to those specific pilots?  Or was it to show how great they were willing to sacrifice to keep their bridge safe? (sort of more political)

I think it was a mixture of both. Smile
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyinSquirrel Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 am

Interesting videos.  It's cool to see a war movie/show from a Vietnamese perspective.

-Rod

Air War over North Vietnam: Film and Documentary footage 7zgz5aA
FlyinSquirrel
FlyinSquirrel
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down