Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam

2 posters

Go down

"Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam Empty "Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam

Post by Garryowen Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:23 am

I saw this over on The Miniatures Page, posted by Tango01. It is about a nearly silent Air America helicopter used to infiltrate North Vietnam for a telephone tap of the North Vietnamese high command.

The article has  a lot on development that you could skim if you want to. But don't give up without finishing it. The mission was pretty cool.

https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2020/04/24/air-americas-black-helicopter/

Tom

"Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

"Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam Empty Re: "Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam

Post by Darby Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:13 am

Wild, I had never heard of this at all! I know one of the Twin Packs was shot down during a mission, by a Mig-17 no less. Really odd that they didn't keep any around, could have been really useful in other places. Guess that's part of the problem with secrecy, word doesn't leak to other departments that might have a use for it.

"Black" helicopter's secret mission into North Vietnam 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down