Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR

Go down

Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR Empty Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR

Post by TailEndCharles Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:58 pm

This is yet another of those items where you can purchase tree based versions or even electronic versions of Lt Col Hal Moore's Op Ord and AAR for the Battle of Ia Drang.

There are many links on the interwebby thingy for the AAR bit most are incomplete and finish part way through Moore's summation on the PAVN at item (3).  The original AAR continues through to item (11) and then has a summary of lessons learned and some hand drawn maps at the end just after Moore's sig block.

Here is one such link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Most of these incomplete copies seem to be re-typed copies of the original AAR.

If you look even harder, I know it is there as I have a copy of it, but I do not have a link for now, there is a PDF which is a scan of the original AAR and a written copy of Moore's oral Operations Order (Op Ord).

Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR Iadran11

Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR Iadran10

The Op Ord includes several original recon photos and also hand drawn maps.

Moore's summation of his enemy and their tactics is priceless for anyone writing rules for this period.  He has insights on the PAVN/NVA that are rare to find.

Again, this is more for the general history buff or large operation war gamer, Battalion (+/-).

Moore's "fighting" TO&E comparison versus "paper" TO&E and his reasons for the variations is also very enlightening.

Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR Iadran12

Over all another good quick read.

If you cannot find the combined AAR/Op Ord document but would like to read it let me know and I will see what I can do to get a copy up somewhere to share since this site does not seem to have a "files" section where we can upload and store such documents.

TEC

Ia Drang Op Ord and AAR 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down