Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang

3 posters

Go down

Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang Empty Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang

Post by Garryowen Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:59 am

I saw this link over on The Miniatures Page. It is to a wonderful article by Joe Galloway about his trip to LZ X-Ray for the big battle between the 7th Cavalry and the NVA.

As I read it, I hear Joe Galloway's voice in my mind. I think he is a fabulous speaker.

https://www.stripes.com/news/special-reports/vietnam-stories/1965/from-the-front-lines-of-ia-drang-valley-killing-dying-and-suffering-indelibly-marked-us-all-1.376837

Tom

Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang Empty Re: Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang

Post by Darby Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:41 pm

That dude keeps sending me letters, about once a month. Now granted, I signed up to support the Vietnam museum in Mineral Well, TX, so it's my own dang fault...
I wish that article wasn't so brief. I mean, I've read the book, but still sometimes further reflection can bring out more details.

Joe Galloway in the Ia Drang 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yankee sam Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:43 pm

If you have not yet read it, Joe Galloway and Hal Moore did a second book IIRC called We are Soldiers Still. This was written much later, Moore got to meet his counterpart and they actually were permitted to go to the battlefield. Even more info than in the first book. Here in NC, there is a local chapter of West Point Graduates who meet monthly. Galloway was the guest of honor and speaker a couple of years ago. I think he lives here in North Carolina. If your local library has it, the book is definitely worth taking a look.
yankee sam
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down