Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG

3 posters

Go down

John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG Empty John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG

Post by OTB Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:35 am

This one's a wild ride: "Tilt" Myer retells his operations with SOG in Laos to Jocko Willink, who's quite in awe reading out one extract about Myer's first recon team firefight against a huge NVA force, telling about how their radio liaison called up the Judge and the Executioner. "Man, those are some awesome call signs..."

Part 2:

Part 3:

Last edited by OTB on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG Empty Re: John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG

Post by Darby Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 am

Really trippy that you post this, I just talked to Tilt lastnight! (Was about SOA pins my dad had as a "plank owner"). He is a really humble man, but get him going on Nam and he can raise the hairs on the backs of your hands and neck!

John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG 7zgz5aA
Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG Empty Re: John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG

Post by Garryowen Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:19 pm

His books are great too. I wish he would do more in his intended series, SOG Chronicles.

Tom

John Stryker Myer: Across The Fence with SOG 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Darby wrote:Really trippy that you post this, I just talked to Tilt lastnight!  (Was about SOA pins my dad had as a "plank owner").  He is a really humble man, but get him going on Nam and he can raise the hairs on the backs of your hands and neck!

Surprised Cool

There are several other Jocko interviews with him in addition to the first three listed above: great stuff to listen to while painting.

OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Garryowen wrote:His books are great too. I wish he would do more in his intended series, SOG Chronicles.

Tom

I haven't read any of his books - I need to get them now.

OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down