Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg

2 posters

Go down

SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg Empty SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg

Post by OTB Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:54 am

First broadcast by this new channel:

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg Empty Re: SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg

Post by Garryowen Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:36 am

I am part way through the YouTube video, Thelonious Monk: American Composer. As soon as I am done, this will be next.

Tom

SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg Empty Re: SOGCast 001: John Stryker Meyer with George "The Troll" Sternberg

Post by OTB Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:16 pm

That Monk one sounds good - I should watch it. There is a second SOGCast video on-line now too...

OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:33 am

Yes, OTB that Monk video is one of the best jazz documentaries I have seen. As a musician you would appreciate parts of it much more than I. Randy Weston had some great comments on Monk's music that went above my head. I finished it last night. So tonight John Stryker Meyer.

Tom

Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:37 am

This video of Meyer interviewing Sternberg is fabulous. I have all Meyer's books ( three so far) and have read them all at least twice. I believe there are fourteen SOG Casts in total at the present.

I, who used to have no interest in podcasts, have become hooked. I have started on the second one now. Hearing these SOG heroes talking about their missions is wonderful. Reading in books is fine, but it is really special to hear and see the person who made the history. 

These can be viewed on YouTube, or just listened to on the podcast platform of your choice. 

I have discovered that on my iPhone podcasts can be downloaded. This type of thing may disappear some day.

Meyer does an excellent job on the interviews. Some prior of knowledge of SOG would be helpful, but he often interrupts to clarify things for the listener/viewer. Meyer also has a sense of humor and comes across as an extremely likeable person.

I have learned that he has a fourth book underway, SOG Chronicles, Volume 2.

Tom

Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:40 pm

Thanks Tom - I had no idea there were so many SOGcasts - I've only just listened to the second one on Youtube with "Wild Carrot". They are perfect to have on when painting figures.

Here's the full list of interviews on Audible:

https://www.audible.com/pd/item_name-Podcast/episodes/B08K54X51D?ref=a_pd_Podcas_c3_episodes_view_all&pf_rd_p=625c212d-b95a-47db-8d56-d35a359de6e9&pf_rd_r=YY29MGBBJ6DV6ETFFD94

OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:31 pm

Not only are they good for when painting figures, but they make the time on my Nordic Track cross country ski machine go even faster than my jazz cds do.

Tom

Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down