Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,

+4
TailEndCharles
OTB
Redfox
jimmila
8 posters

Go down

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Empty Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,

Post by jimmila Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:44 am

Hi all ,

looking to share what i am up to at the moment ; I have a bunch of stuff almost finished and started . hahaha !

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Img_0810

bulldozers and drivers , with weapons at hand . The bulldozers are metal TT scale with added drivers and rifles , mounted on a 2x3cm base .

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Img_0811

a bunch of 3D print subjects ; near completion. I printed out three M35 2.5t trucks GP , three M102 howitzers which I have mounted on a artillery base . (I will add the crew on a separate base) . and two 3/4t Ambulances .

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Img_0812

my (now expanded) NVA armoured recce group . I've recently added two more BTR50's and a PT76 and the early BTR40 . All Roskopf models. I've mounted them on bases and added 12.7mm AA guns to the BTR50s and antennas .
jimmila
jimmila
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Empty Re: Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,

Post by Redfox Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:59 am

Really nice Jimmi
( I know this budha in the background Wink )
Redfox
Redfox
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OTB Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:49 pm

Nice to see the Roskopf models. They had a huge range back in the day, with various Vietnam War-era models.

Diligent late-night recon up Saigon back alleys...
OTB
OTB
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TailEndCharles Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Nice work Jimmi, great that you have been able to get back into it mate.

TEC

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:37 am

Nice. Work Jimini. Started packing my stuff months ago for the move, not even sure it will ever be unpacked again at this stage. Love the fact you are getting back the mojo .
Shooter
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:04 am

Love the dozers! I need to get a few, especially D7s. Perhaps a new project for when the others are done... eventually...

Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:28 am

Lots of neat stuff there. Redfox knows the Buddha. Looking closely, you have beaucoup in the back. 

I feel shortchanged, I only have one.  Sad

Tom

Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:34 pm

Nice. Work Jimini. Started packing my stuff months ago for the move, not even sure it will ever be unpacked again at this stage. Love the fact you are getting back the mojo .
Shooter
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmila Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:10 am

Hi Redfox ! , yes I hope you do recognize this Buddha . A ‘Master Buddha’ who has travelled across the globe no less !  … I am keeping him for a vignette project like how you did those Cambodian / Angkor wall frescoes a few years ago.
Hi Tom ! , yes I’ve got a few Buddhas back there . I have been trying to produce / cast / copy a good Buddha image / statue for tabletop purposes . That yellow one is a master by Redfox a few years ago that I used for the ‘Vietnamese Cemetery set’ at FPM . ( Redfox also mastered the ‘river sampans’ I sell )  
I’ve also tried to cast a standing Quan Yin (very popular image in VN) and a smaller seated Buddha,  but the pointed shape has some tricks to cast nicely. The larger meditating Buddha here also has a small dais (also mastered by Redfox ), and is perfect as an outdoor seated Buddha in a large cemetery or  landmark.
I like adding all sorts of civilian pieces into games when I can, and if you are used to the idea of “liability Units” .. well this is like “liability terrain “,..hahaha !
 …. in our groups Gampaign rules (based on the ‘Police Action’ rules circa 1991) ; destruction / damage of religious sites is generally bad and religious icons is the worst (especially cemeteries , even a village cemetery ) for ‘Civilian Reaction Table’ purposes. So they are ‘civilian terrain’ to be avoided,  or may prohibit the use of artillery and/or airstikes within some zones. Terrain is cool if it is pretty , better if it is meaningful.

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Imag0510

Shooter ! ..how is the move ? Our group never got together through end-November or December like I was (foolishly optimistically) thinking we might in October. I also had vehicle problems which cut my mobility. ..saying that  , my Landrover is being repaired in Redcliffe and I’ll be up that way likely a few times soon. How close are you to Redcliffe ?

…. May I suggest to keep your ‘Nam stuff handy as you can .
jimmila
jimmila
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:29 am

jimmila wrote: Terrain is cool if it is pretty , better if it is meaningful.
Very well said sir! Man, I have so much catching up to do!

Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyinSquirrel Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Like those dozers. Good looking stuff Jimmi.

-Rod

FlyinSquirrel
FlyinSquirrel
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooter Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:47 am

Narangba is about 10/15 mins from redcliffe. Currently looking at putting it all into a storage shed close to home. Still not moving until early march.
Shooter
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmila Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Howdy , more bits and pieces ;

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Fpm_ci10

I am playing about with the 'perfect lazy CIDG (duck hunter) camo technique ; easier than how i would normally do it but effective enough I think . I want a small horde of CIDG / RF / PF to man firebases / Strategic hamlets etc and I am planning on glueing the figures to bases and painting on the bases . I have never done this for 15mm altho' I have done it for 6mm . These guys were my test of the method .

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Fpm_mi10

here is a few different things from left to right

; a mouse deer (a sanded down irregular miniatures goat) ; guaranteed to strike bad juju into the hearts of your CIDG/Montagnard troops (and civilians) . Guaranteed to strike good juju into the hearts of Thai troops who will leave it alone . Guaranteed to distract the ARVN troops who will immediately stop what they are doing and try to shoot it to eat it .

; a pony ; probably belongs to someone . ( from Flashpoint Miniatures .)

; " object x " ; "I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here , it looks like a large mechanical leg . It looks like it has been here for quite some time , I'm gonna need a shithook to sling- lift this out. ..or do you want me to try to blow it in place ? " (from Flashpoint Minis)

Jimmi's 15mm workbench and stuff,  Fpm_he10

downed helo (/ vehicle) crews ; these are based now and awaiting some base flocking etc .
One M60 crew pair with a few bandoliers of ammo and a positive attitude . one casualty figure . one vigilant radio team , and a lone rifleman . I'll take another of where this is now . Painting on ice cream sticks . .. how i normally would paint a platoon at a time .
jimmila
jimmila
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyinSquirrel Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:25 am

Very nice Jimmi. The "object x" seems familiar but I can't place it.

-Rod

FlyinSquirrel
FlyinSquirrel
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down