Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies

4 posters

Go down

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies Empty (REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies

Post by BravoSix Sat May 30, 2020 12:46 pm

As many of you who've known me all these years know, I'm a pretty big fanboy of the sculptor Robi Baker. When I first started out in Vietnam wargaming, I was a 20mm guy. When Robi launched the 28mm range "Baker Company" I was quite taken by the sculpts and changed up scales from that point forward. Baker Company makes up the majority of my 28mm US forces, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the VC that was done for that range, so I opted to use TAG.

Fast forward to now. I was turned on to a fairly new company called Full Metal Miniatures, which Robi Baker had done several packs of VC for. I was blown away by the sculpts and decided to order a pack of their VC, in particular "VC Local Force 1" which consisted of all female fighters, so I could see these up close. The photo on the site looked amazing, but I needed to see these for myself.  Despite the pandemic, the figures arrived from the UK to Canada in a very timely manner. The figures were clean, with minimal flash, and the poses Robi sculpted were pretty amazing close up. They size up well with the existing Baker Company range, which is a bonus. I 've always liked how Robi does his weapons, and the ones these ladies are packing are up to his usual standard. The attention to detail all around, makes these figures quite exceptional in my honest opinion. The mix of poses, and head gear is quite well done, particularly the peasant hats.

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies 3tByXEX

Full Metal's range has several useful packs for my 28mm Nam project, in particular a female sniper, some porters pushing loaded bicycles, and a very well done vignette pack of 2 VC ladies carrying a wounded comrade in a sling. The owner, Simon, has told me that Robi will be doing some peasants and farmers at some point, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing these.

All in all, I'm very impressed with these figures, and Full Metal Miniatures in general. Simon is great to deal with, and responds to email enquires quite quickly, should you have questions. I've already placed my next order!

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies Empty Re: (REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies

Post by Garryowen Sat May 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Good looking figures for sure. I see why you like the sculptor.

Tom

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies Empty Re: (REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies

Post by BravoSix Sat May 30, 2020 1:00 pm

I see this lady was the inspiration for the pose with the M16. (REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies 685395913

(REVIEW) Full Metal Miniatures - Local Force VC Ladies M0JkvSL

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldm2231 Sat May 30, 2020 2:26 pm

I love their vehicles too... their Sheridans and PT76 tanks are really nicely made. Just seen on their Facebook site that they are releasing 4 US Marines manhandling a 106mm RR.... looking very much like a well known image from the battle of Hue.
Coldm2231

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Sat May 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Well CM, you do fantastic work on their vehicles. hifive

Let me know if you ever see greens of their peasants/farmers on Facebook, will ya? Dying to see these. popcorn

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayeswauford Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:43 pm

These look great! I enjoyed painting the FMJ NVA. A little "chunky" but I really like the look and feel and a pleasure to paint!
hayeswauford
hayeswauford

https://sites.google.com/view/historyhexesandheroes/home?authuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down