Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules. Rules. Rules.

+11
pancerni
Dr. X
Garryowen
Darby
Smitty14
BravoSix
OTB
Digger
uglyfatbloke
thomastmcc
Recon Alpha
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rules. Rules. Rules. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rules. Rules. Rules.

Post by Tomrommel1 Thu May 07, 2020 11:30 pm

I use One-Hour Skirmish Wargames by Jon Lambshead. The game is a true one figure is one soldier game. Meaning the smallest maneuver unit is not a platoon or squad but a single soldier. The game doesn’t use dice but ordinary playing cards ( think poker) to introduce randomness . More about the game here: https://wargamesgazette.com/2020/02/24/one-hour-skirmish-wargames-in-vietnam/
Tomrommel1

Back to top Go down

Rules. Rules. Rules. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rules. Rules. Rules.

Post by jimmila Fri May 08, 2020 6:04 am

I most often play homebrew rules that are intended for Company level actions, but with an emphasis on hidden movement.
If I can make it happen , I really most enjoy playing homebrew campaign games over a long weekend or similar of gaming .; these might be based on a boardgame or similar . ...so sometimes I'm playing someone else's homebrew rules with homebrew rules or local mods to play out something interesting over a few games.
I'll play whatever's going really !

I have played at least one game of pretty much everything. Used to be a fan of RFCM's 'Men of Company B' rules which have just had a rewrite (I haven't played yet) ..it prompted the US/FWF player to patrol looking for caches .
I was into Crossfire for a bit 'aways back. I never made the 'buckle for your dust' rules work but it is a great resource. I did like Ambush Valley but cannot bring myself to own a D4. FUBAR works . I did own a copy of Giac-My but even calculating movement was unworkable . I have played 'Nam and enjoyed it ... De Bellis Vietnam works too ; this system is clever for a short introductory-to-the-period game with different 'element' types and you can play with stuff you already have based for 'Nam . and it's free to download.

jimmi
jimmila
jimmila
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2