Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice

4 posters

Go down

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice Empty New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice

Post by Vengir1 Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:14 pm

Sorry for this as a first post - But I've been given some Rubicon Viet Cong as a Christmas present, and am looking to get into Vietnam gaming. With a thought to build up some US air elements, would it be possible (anything is possible, I guess would it be simple) - to take the weapons from a Rubicon Huey (1/56th scale I believe) and add them to a Hobbyboss (1/48th) model C to make a properly armed Hobbyboss C gunship, leaving the Rubicon D as a slick? I guess I'm asking if 1/48 vs 1/56 weapons are 'close enough' to not look out of scale.
Vengir1
Vengir1
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice Empty Re: New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice

Post by TailEndCharles Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:02 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Personally I think they are.

"28mm" figures themselves are anywhere from 1:48 to :1:64 depending on their "heroic" status.

I 3D print a lot of vehicles and weapons and print a lot at 1:60, that is how they are modelled, and they seem to fit well with most 28mm figures.

With weapons, they are very small compared to the figures and vehicles and that, to me, also means that they should work okay.

TEC

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice Empty Re: New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice

Post by Vengir1 Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:14 am

ok, great - I'll put both models on my Birthday list then!
Vengir1
Vengir1
Lurker
Lurker

OTB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:39 am

Should be fine. I've stuck 28mm bits on a couple of 1/48 kits.

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice Kingbee-crew-LR

New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice Huey-UH-1-D-H-LR
Ash
Ash

TailEndCharles and Vengir1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Vengir1. welcome

Ash, those are AMAZING!! New (old) player - looking for some modelling advice 321978531

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Vengir1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down