Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

28mm Military Police

4 posters

Go down

28mm Military Police Empty 28mm Military Police

Post by Richard MARQUIS Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:44 am

Hello,
I needed some MPs.
Gringo40s has released what I expected. The minis are superb.
But what a pain to paint the patches and liner on the helmet....I am unable to paint the 18th MP brigade patch: I will choose another unit: 545th
But waiting for them I focused on the vehicles.  
I have converted 2 cheap Disney Cars Sarge into MP Jeeps (decals not done yet) and, before the Gage Commando was available from Empress Miniatures, I bought a Solido one on eBay (it is 1/50 scale and Solido has also a white version that can match with USAF MP vehicle). With extra bits it does the job I think. For a Solido, it is not so bad:
28mm Military Police Mpteto12
28mm Military Police Mpteto10
28mm Military Police Mpteto11
Next step will be the MPs...
Regards,
Richard MARQUIS
Richard MARQUIS

Back to top Go down

28mm Military Police Empty Re: 28mm Military Police

Post by BravoSix Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 am

Those look awesome Richard! 28mm Military Police 2978865434 Like your guntrucks, nice and weathered.

I see alot of Force of Arms figures in your photos. Is that your preferred range for your US forces?

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard MARQUIS Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Thank you BravoSix. If I had two things to say about weathering: whatever the scale it makes the difference and ...dare dare dare: you only need two: medium rust and Vietnam earth (me from AK Interactive both). The rust is for the rims and earth is more for flat and horizontal surfaces.
And for the minis: I don't want to oppose Gringo40s and Empress Miniatures in fact, because I am fan of both and I like the dynamic they trigger in that range. So to illustrate the size of the vehicles I prefer a more neutral range. And when I started collecting 28mm minis for that period I targeted to do non USMC units, like 101th, 173rd or 7th CAV. So I searched for figures without body armor. (I got TAG, Baker, WestWind) And you are right: I like John BRUCE minis a lot: I got his contact on LAF and could ordered most of his Junction City range, except some packs because his casting machine was broken 6 months ago. He is a nice guy and his figs are great: the casualty set is amazing. I will post picture of them in September here for sure.

Last edited by Richard MARQUIS on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard MARQUIS
Richard MARQUIS

Back to top Go down

Post by FlyinSquirrel Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:06 pm

These look great Richard!

-Rod

28mm Military Police 7zgz5aA
FlyinSquirrel
FlyinSquirrel
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BravoSix Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Richard MARQUIS wrote:He is a nice guy and his figs are great

And he's a longtime member of our forum! 28mm Military Police 424138817

Richard MARQUIS wrote:the casualty set is amazing

Yes. Probably the best one out there!

-Todd
BravoSix
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Garryowen Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Richard, your work is beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Regarding the patches...For Vietnam I do 20mm only. But I wanted shoulder patches for my RVN Airborne, Rangers, and Marines. I did these several years ago, and I am doing this all from memory so I may be off a bit. There was no way I could paint them. I found photos of them on line. I believe I printed them, perhaps first having to highlight, copy and paste them onto a Word document. I then printed them. They were way to large, so I kept making as many reduced photocopies as I needed until I could get them down to the size I needed.

Then I did something to print a whole string of them in a row at one time for a compete squad.

If anyone else has tried this, he may be able to correct any of my mistakes here, or add missing info.

Tom

28mm Military Police 7zgz5aA
Garryowen
Garryowen
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard MARQUIS Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:13 am

Hello,
The last vehicle (WIP) that is inspired by "Salt and Pepper" from USAF Security Forces. Again a Solido with some convertion.
28mm Military Police Salt_p10

For the miniatures in 28mm to go with the vehicles, I can see that Black Cat miniatures has some cops that could fit the South Vietnamese police ("White Mice"). They could complete the small MP range that exists today. I wonder if 1st Corps US Marines, painted as ARVN National Police in Mitchell cloud uniform could match...I will test.
And For the patches, I just see in 28mm that Company-b in the US has some 1st Cavalry division patch decals (and some other divisions), as Warlord Games has for the Screaming Eagles. But for particular unit or another scale, maybe to print the image on decals sheets (as Persel69 did for the 173rd) could be a good solution.
And thank you again for your comments.
Richard MARQUIS
Richard MARQUIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down