Fields of Fire:: Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch

2 posters

Go down

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Empty Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch

Post by TailEndCharles Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:25 pm

In early December 1968 the Allied forces combined for a Divisional sized operation in an area that bordered  Phước Tuy, Long Khánh and Biên Hòa provinces called Operation Goodwood.

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch

It was an area known as the Hát Dịch Secret Zone, a large NVA/VC strong hold.

I know this is way too big a battle for most gamers but it has some really unique variables that interest me.

The entire 3 Battalion 1st Australian Task Force including the ANZAC 4th Battalion was involved.  By this time the Aussies also had their Centurion Tanks in country and in this battle. Also in the battlegroup were US troops including the famed 3/11 ACR, ARVN Marine's and the Thai Army with boots on the ground.

The operation lasted nearly 11 weeks until Mid February 1969.

It cost the lives of 21 Aussies and 1 Kiwi.

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Op_goo10

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Op_goo11

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Aus_ce10

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Aus_ce11

TEC

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch 7zgz5aA
TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Empty Re: Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch

Post by Darby Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:37 am

What all are you planning for this project? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch Empty Re: Operation Goodwood - Battle of Hát Dịch

Post by TailEndCharles Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Darby wrote:What all are you planning for this project?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Darby,

in my case I am looking for some campaign ideas, maybe using a big map with hexes and do strategic moves on the map and fight company sized battles on the table top.

My gaming group usually does this concept once a year across varying era's so Vietnam may be a good target in 2021.

TEC

TailEndCharles
TailEndCharles
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:37 am

I think the trick will be having it be a double blind where the players of neither side can see/know the moves of the other without some sort of intelligence. Hard to do in person, but not so tough online (though a lot of work!)

Reminds me that I need to finish writing some stuff.
Say, Jimmi has some homebrew rules that might be perfect for this!

Oh give me a hoooome where the NVA roam, and the air support is stacked up all daaaaaay
Darby
Darby
Legacy Member
Legacy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down